- Mego released Spider-Man in 1979 as part of the first series of Pocket Super Heroes figures on a red card. He was re-released in 1980 with the second series on a white card, which is more scarce.
- Spider-Man was also released in the U.K., Canada, and Italy on a denim-style card
- Solid construction (no rubber band)
- 5 points of articulation: neck, shoulders, and hips
- The only other Spider-Man related Pocket Super Hero is Green Goblin
- Shiny spider logo on back
- Mego previously released Spider-Man with bent legs in 1975 as part of the Comic Action Heroes line
- As Bryan Carlton has pointed out, the Pocket Heroes Spider-Man has a variant set of arms: one variant (shown above) features red webbed arms all the way up (with some blue under?); the other variant features the arms from the CAH Spider-Man - blue arms with red webbed gloves only.
[3 3/4-inch Archives] [Comic Action Heroes] [Greatest American Hero] [Pocket Super Heroes]