(Milford, Conn.) April 2003 — Subway Restaurants and Guinness World Records are teaming up to introduce a collection of five fun new toys based on the world famous collection of facts and figures. The toys will be available in Subway Kids' Pak meals now through May 18, 2003, at participating restaurants in the United States and Canada.
First published in 1955, Guinness World Records is the global authority on record-breaking achievement. The book, an international phenomenon, available in more than 80 countries and 20 languages and published every year continues to delight and fascinate generations.
"We are thrilled to work with Guinness World Records to bring these toys to our Kids' Pak program," says Brad Saunders, marketing manager for the Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust (SFAFT). "We've developed some wonderfully exciting toys that will surely be a hit with kids and parents."
"We are excited to partner with Subway, a company that has been built by thousands who share the Guinness World Records spirit of achievement," says Alistair Richards, chief operating officer for Guinness World Records.
The Kids' Pak meal consists of a deli-style sandwich, small drink and a cookie. Additionally, one of the following toys will be available in each meal:
- Guinness World Records Tape Measure — Kids can measure objects with the fun 8 inch tape measure that displays statistics on records that were set between zero and 8 inches. It also comes with a booklet of Guinness World Records set under 8 inches.
- World's Fastest Street Luge — Pull back the street luge and watch as it speeds across the finish line. This toy comes with a booklet of Guinness World Records of super speed.
- Guinness World Records Wrist Timer — Kids will be in style as they try to create their own records while wearing this timer. The timer winds to thirty seconds and counts down to zero. It also comes with a booklet of Guinness World Records set under thirty seconds.
- Supersonic Jet Plane — Pull back the Supersonic Jet Plane, release and watch it glide across a hard surface. This toy comes with a booklet of Guinness World Records about aviation.
- Elephant Toy — This cute toy elephant is designed for children 18 months and older and comes with a two-sided card of information on elephant Guinness World Records.
Guinness World Records(TM) is the global authority on record-breaking achievement. First published in 1955, the annual Guinness Book of World Records(TM) book is an international phenomenon, available in more than 80 countries and 20 languages. The 2003 edition spent 18 weeks on the New York Times Bestseller list. The upcoming edition, Guinness World Records 2004 will be available on August 28. Guinness World Records is owned and published by HIT Entertainment.
Established in 1989, HIT Entertainment PLC is a fully integrated global studio, with divisions in the UK, U.S., Canada, Germany and Japan, including broadcast production and distribution, video and audio sales, consumer products licensing, and marketing. A world leader in quality family entertainment, the company controls all rights for such acclaimed children's properties as Angelina Ballerin(TM), Barney(R)(TM), Bob the Builder(TM), Kipper(TM), Pingu(TM) and Thomas & Friends(TM). Rubbadubbers(TM), a new HIT-produced series, will make its U.S. broadcast launch on a major network in 2003. In the U.S. and Canada, HIT Entertainment also distributes the popular preschool property, The Wiggles(R).
Subway Restaurants is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 18,000 locations in 72 countries. In 2002, the Subway chain surpassed McDonald's in the number of restaurants open in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Milford, Conn., Subway Restaurants was co-founded by Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck in 1965. That partnership marked the beginning of a remarkable journey—one that made it possible for thousands of individuals to build and succeed in their own business. Subway Restaurants was named the number one franchise opportunity in all categories by Entrepreneur magazine in its Annual Franchise 500
ranking for 2003—for the 11th time in 15 years! For more information about the Subway restaurant chain, visit www.subway.com.
Subway(R) and Kids' Pak(R) are registered trademarks of Doctor's Associates Inc.