The World's Best Selling Miniature Doll(1) Polly Pocket™ Makes Her Movie Debut in Her First Full-Length Animated Feature Film 'PollyWorld™'
Go on a Fabu-licious™ Adventure in an All-New Movie Premiering Only on DVD With Exclusive Bonus Features November 14, 2006, From Universal Studios Home Entertainment
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Sept. 27 , 2006 -- This fall, the No. 1 miniature playset-themed doll in the U.S.(2) has BIG news! Polly Pocket™ and her friends Lila®, Shani®, Crissy® and Lea® are debuting in their first-ever, direct-to-DVD animated film "PollyWorld™" released by Universal Studios on November 14, 2006.
Celebrating her first time in a feature-length film, Polly Pocket™ stars in an original, all-new adventure filled with the things that girls love in their own lives -- shopping, music, friendship and fun. "PollyWorld™" is the season's can't-miss, must-own addition to DVD collections everywhere, destined to be watched and enjoyed time and time again. The eagerly awaited, full-length animated DVD is packed with Polly-tastic interactive bonus features and games including Polly's trademark surprises and fun.
"Universal Studios Home Entertainment is thrilled to release 'PollyWorld,' the first feature film based on the globally renowned Polly Pocket brand, and to expand the scope of our multi-year partnership between Mattel, which kicked off last week with the successful launch of 'Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses,'" said Craig Kornblau, President, Universal Studios Home Entertainment. "This animated film fits perfectly within Universal's strategy of delivering original, high-quality family product franchises directly to home entertainment consumers and sets the stage for what audiences can look forward to as we roll out this compelling new line of Polly DVDs."
"Mattel Entertainment is thrilled to build upon the success of our Barbie™ franchise and grow our entertainment portfolio by bringing the world's favorite small doll Polly Pocket™ to the small screen this holiday," said Richard Dickson, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Entertainment and Media, Mattel Brands. "We're confident that Polly Pocket's established success in the toy industry combined with the marketing and distribution muscle of Universal Studios will propel the property to new heights and create a new entertainment franchise that families will love."
Polly Pocket™ makes her movie debut in "PollyWorld™!" Join Polly™ as she hits the world's most fabu-licious™ amusement park full of monster good rides, the ultimate shopping experience and music to the max -- including a not-to-be-missed performance by Polly™ and The Pockets! Polly™ and her classmates compete in a charity version of their favorite mega-reality show, Roll Like That! The only thing holding them back from winning the fab first prize is Polly's scheming future stepmom and her jealous classmate, Beth. But with Polly's spectabulous best friends behind her, there's nothing a little girl power can't overcome! The DVD is priced at $19.98 SRP. Preorder close is October 10, 2006.
OFF-THE-HOOK DVD EXTRAS!
An exciting package of exclusive interactive games and activities offer Polly™ fans the opportunity to relive exciting moments from the "PollyWorld™" movie by participating in the following fun games and activities:
- The Extravenger -- Join Team Pocket in a series of fun challenges that test agility, teamwork, problem solving skills and endurance in the Extreme Scavenger Hunt -- The Extravenger! Some of the fun activities include:
- Ride the Rapids Upstream -- As Team Pocket paddles their raft upstream, players generate power for the team by matching a pattern of arrow buttons.
- Stretch a Licorice Whip Across PollyWorld™ -- Play along with Team Pocket as they build a licorice whip that stretches all the way across PollyWorld™ by fitting the correct piece of licorice into the empty spaces.
- Cannon Ball -- When the bar at the bottom of the screen is in the maximum power position, it's time to make the biggest splash in the wave pool and swamp the competition!
- Team Pocket's PDA Profiler -- Which of the totally awesome Pocket gal pals are you most like? Only Polly's personal PDA can tell you! Polly's PDA asks a series of probing questions to figure out which member of Team Pocket you have the most in common with. After that, go to a special file and get-to-know any member of the team as well as you do your very best friend!
- Polly Pocket™ Fashion Magazine -- Don't just imagine editing your dream fashion magazine -- make it a reality with the Polly Pocket™ Fashion Magazine. Customize the latest fab outfits and cool accessories for Polly™ and The Pockets, then print a unique, made-to-order, trendy fashion mag. Comes complete with lots of different clothes, colors, accessories, shoes, hats and styles, plus articles written by Polly™ and her pals. You can even upload a picture of yourself for the magazine and write your own articles!
- "Rock this Town" Music Video!
Additionally, girls can relive key moments from the movie with a complete range of "PollyWorld™" toys and products including:
- PollyWorld™ Rockin' Theme Park™ Playset
- PollyWorld™ Costume Cart
- PollyWorld™ Gift Shop
- PollyWorld™ Dress & Drive™ Lounge
- PollyWorld™ Limo-Scene™ Vehicle
- PollyWorld™ Dial a Song™ Assortment
- PollyWorld™ Park Pals™ Assortment
Street Date: November 14, 2006
Pre-Order Close: October 10, 2006
Copyright: 2006 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Price: $19.98 SRP
Selection Number: 29866
Running Time: 1 Hour 8 Minutes
Layers: Single Layer
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Rating: Not Rated
Technical Info: Dolby Digital 5.1; English SDH, Spanish and French subtitles
About Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80% owned by General Electric and 20% owned by Vivendi.
Mattel, Inc., (NYSE: MAT; www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products, including Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl® and Tyco® R/C, as well as Fisher-Price brands (www.fisher-price.com), including Little People®, Rescue Heroes®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs more than 26,000 people in 42 countries and sells products in more than 150 nations throughout the world. The Mattel vision is to be the world's premier toy brands -- today and tomorrow.
©2006 Mattel, Inc. and/or Origin Products Ltd. The POLLY POCKET trademark is owned by Origin Products Ltd. Other trademarks and trade dress are owned by Mattel, Inc. or Origin Products Ltd. Manufactured under license from Origin Products Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
(1) Cumulative Year End 2005 data gathered from worldwide sources using similar categories
(2) The NPD Group / Consumer Panel Track(SM); Jan-Jun 2006, Annual 2005, Annual 2004, Annual 2003; Dolls Supercategory, Properties