Rothkerch Batman Collection
NEW YORK, May 11, 2005 -- In a rare opportunity for investors, collectors and Batman fans around the globe, the World's Greatest Batman Collection is being offered for sale. This once-in-a-lifetime sale will coincide with next month's release of the new Batman movie, "Batman Begins."
This very passionate, personalized collection containing some 4500 pieces of treasured Batman and Superhero memorabilia is being sold as part of the estate of the late Ian Mansfield Rothkerch. The estate also includes sports collectibles, rare coins, jewelry, silver and china. It will only be sold in its entirety, as Mr. Rothkerch intended. Offers for individual items will not be considered.
Mr. Rothkerch was an accomplished young writer who passed away at the age of 27. His writings include a yet-to-be-produced screenplay entitled, "Batman: The Joker's Revenge" (penned under Ian Mansfield) that was highly acclaimed by Batman fans worldwide.
Ian's Production Company, Alucard Films, Inc., currently has a project in development with a major studio. In addition, Alucard Films has numerous projects in various phases of development that are being represented by Linda Seifert Management in London.
It's planned for well-respected charities to benefit via living memorials established in perpetuity in Ian's memory to help people in a very special, creative and heartfelt way.
This "Ian Mansfield Batman Pedigree Collection" represents a Batman journey in the all-too-brief life of Ian Mansfield Rothkerch, 27, a Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude graduate of Colgate University.
The World's Greatest Batman Collection stands out for many reasons:
- Ian Mansfield Rothkerch was first and foremost a true Batman fan and Batman aficionado. Whereas most collectors specialize in a specific category of merchandise, Ian collected all things Batman regardless the category. Ian's collection truly reflects how he saw Batman throughout various stages of his life beginning at age 3.
- This collection includes many rare and beautiful Batman trade paperbacks and hardcover books.
- Ian's love of the Batman/Joker adversarial relationship is represented throughout this personalized collection. Batman/Joker comics in the collection include the first Batman comic with the Joker on the cover (No. 11), currently valued as high as $70,000, and other rare Batman/Joker covers (Nos. 23 and 40), valued at $22,750 and $14,000 respectively.
- Two treasured watercolors painted by Golden Age Batman artist, Shelly Moldoff. One is a special Batman/Clayface painting (Clayface is a character in Ian's "Batman: The Joker's Revenge"). The other's a fabulous Batman/Joker painting.
- An acrylic oil painting, "Batman: The Mask of Phantasm" (Batman/Joker) by John Calmette.
- Approximately 3500 Batman and other superhero books including the complete set of "The Tomb of Dracula" (1-70) in honor of Ian's company, Alucard Films, Inc.
- A limited edition Litho print, "The Batman" signed by "Bob Kane." Also signed by Bob Kane is the two-part print set (Parts 1 & 2) commemorating Batman's 50th Birthday.
- Framed posters from all the Batman movies, starting with the "first" Batman movie in 1966.
- Batman production & publicity cels.
- Rare original Batman promotional items.
- A framed record of the Batman original ABC prime time TV show theme song.
- Batman and Batman villain statues, artwork, collectors plates, porcelains, pewter, figurines, toys, puzzles, games, apparel, jewelry, trading cards, buttons, magazines, rare scrapbooks, and many more unusual Batman collectibles such as a rare two-foot high Batman nightlight and the Joker Marionette, Ian's last addition to his collection.
- In addition: some of this Batman scriptwriter's very personal, private, most treasured and invaluable Batman collectibles will be revealed in- person only to qualified buyers.
This Batman passion of a lifetime is being sold in its entirety to transfer the absolute joy of this heartfelt collection into the life of another passionate Batman fan or a venue where it can be enjoyed by all. This represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own "The World's Greatest Batman Collection," a legacy to be treasured for generations to come. Interested buyers should look for the listing on e-Bay (item # 6530340559) or contact [email protected].