Tony Hawk & Barbie at McDonald's
OAK BROOK, Ill., June 21, 2004 -- Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam(TM) Tour and My Scene(TM) dolls add style and adventure to McDonald's(R) 25 Years of Happiness Happy Birthday Happy Meal(R) celebration. Beginning June 25, 2004 through July 22, 2004, McDonald's guests will receive one of eight stunt-based toys featuring skateboarding, BMX biking and Moto-X tricks made popular by extreme sports athletes starring-in legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour, or one of eight trend-setting My Scene(TM) Barbie(TM), Chelsea(TM), Madison(TM), Delancey(TM) or Nolee(TM) fashion dolls decked out in city scene outfits or beach party wear. These high-action and high fashion dolls will be dressing up and tricking out Happy Meals, at participating McDonald's restaurants nationwide this summer, while supplies last.
"McDonald's summertime Happy Meals are offering the hottest playtime adventures for boys and girls," said Kent Voetberg, director of family marketing. "Our Mighty Kids Meal(R) and Happy Meal event will deliver an all- star line-up of today's hottest topics including a real-life sports superstar Tony Hawk, for at home daredevils and sports enthusiasts, as well as My Scene(TM) dolls sporting the latest fashions."
Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour Toys
Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour will bring Happy Meals to new heights of action-packed excitement. Each Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour action figure comes equipped with a unique platform that releases figures with the push of a button to attempt to reenact signature skateboarding, BMX, and Moto- X moves as seen on Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour. Whether executing the Air-to-Fakie skateboarding move from a half-pipe or the Moto-X Big Air from a ramp these stunt-based figures mimic today's hottest athletes.
My Scene(TM) Barbie(TM), Chelsea(TM) and Madison(TM)
My Scene(TM) Barbie(TM), Chelsea(TM), and Madison(TM) dolls will each be featured in two sizzling trendy outfits, perfect for accessorizing fun. Joining the fabulous trio are Nolee(TM) and Delancey(TM). Featuring one piece of removable/interchangeable clothing, these fashion-forward figurines will enliven any playtime storyline and will delight collectors and fashionistas of all ages.
The Happy Meal event will be supported by national television developed by Leo Burnett Co., Hispanic television advertising by DRM DDB, and POP and packaging by Frankel.
McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) is the world's leading food service retailer with more than 30,000 McDonald's restaurants serving 46 million customers each day in more than 100 countries. More than 80 percent of McDonald's restaurants around the world are owned and operated by independent, local businessmen and women. Please visit our newly designed website at www.mcdonalds.com to learn more about the Company.
Tony Hawk is the world's most famous skateboarder. His talents have brought skateboarding unprecedented mainstream attention, which in turn has helped legitimize all action sports. In fall of 2004, Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour will take premier skaters, BMX bikers, and Moto-X athletes on a sensational multi-city tour to arenas across the U.S. for the third consecutive year. Also recognized as a role model, Tony was tabbed Favorite Male Athlete three times at the 2004, 2003, and 2001 Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Awards. He is an active participant in the Make-a-Wish Foundation, which in 2002 honored him as its Favorite Male Athlete. His own non-profit charity, the Tony Hawk Foundation, has awarded nearly $1,000,000 to help finance public skateparks in low-income areas nationwide.
Mattel, Inc., (NYSE: MAT) (http://www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products, including Barbie(R), the most popular fashion doll ever introduced. The Mattel family of toys and games is comprised of such best-selling brands as Hot Wheels(R), Matchbox(R), American Girl(R), and Fisher-Price(R), which also includes Little People(R), Rescue Heroes(TM), Power Wheels(R), as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs more than 25,000 people in 36 countries and sells products in more than 150 nations throughout the world. The Mattel vision is to be the world's premier toy brands --- today and tomorrow.
Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam™ Tour and My Scene™ McDonald's® Happy Meal® Fact Sheet
Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam™ Tour and My Scene™ dolls add style and adventure to McDonald's® 25 Years of Happiness Happy Birthday Happy Meal® celebration. Beginning June 25, 2004 through July 22, 2004, McDonald's guests will receive one of eight stunt-based toys sporting signature skateboarding, BMX biking and Moto-X tricks made popular by extreme sports athletes on legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour or one of eight trend-setting My Scene™ Barbie™, Chelsea™, Madison™, Delancey™ or Nolee™ fashion dolls decked out in city scene outfits or beach party wear.
Action tricks and amazing styles include:
Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam Tour
- Super Loop – Skateboarding figurine defies gravity, skating a 360 Loop
- Air-to-Fakie – Skateboarding figurine jumps the gap of a half-pipe showcasing the Air to Fakie move
- Free Fall – Skateboarding figurine launches fearlessly from the top of a giant vertical drop
- Moto-X Big Air – Moto-X figurine catches air off adjustable ramp
- 900 – Twisting and turning, this skateboarding figurine performs the 900, rotating two and a half times, across the width of the ramp
- 5-0 Grind – Skateboarding figurine unleashes a rail grind
- BMX Back-Flip – BMX bike figurine unwinds with backwards somersaults
- Noseslide – Skateboarding figurine takes to the half pipe with a board slide.
- Barbie City Scene – Out on the town, Barbie shows off her beautiful blonde hair and removable black fur jacket
- Madison City Scene – Perfect for a shopping day in the city, Madison hits the town in sculpted urban pants and a removable waist-length brown plush jacket.
- Chelsea City Scene – Check out Chelsea's sunkissed auburn locks, as she wears an elegant outfit with pink boots and a removable thigh-length jacket with colorful stripes and funky fur trim.
- Delancey City Scene – With very blonde hair streaked with brown, Delancey makes a scene in her Asian-inspired outfit topped with a removable red fur boa.
- Barbie Beach Party – In a sculpted white swimsuit, Barbie covers up in a removable knee-length lavender sarong and sports a beach bag with on-the-go style.
- Madison Beach Party – Perfect for summer days at the beach, Madison is sporting a tankini swimsuit, a removable rose-colored beach cover-up and a beach hat over her copper-streaked chestnut hair.
- Chelsea Beach Party – A removable coral sarong covers up Chelsea's sculpted yellow swimsuit as she heads for the beach.
- Nolee Beach Party – Nolee, with her jet-black hair and too cool hair knots, is spotted on the beach in sporty swim attire and a removable cropped jacket that incorporates a fun-in-the-sun color palette.
These stunt-inspired action toys and high fashion dolls will be dressing up and tricking out Happy Meals, at participating McDonald's restaurants nationwide this summer, while supplies last.