For a list of the toys, scroll to down on this page. For even more information, visit the LEGO article on MillionairePlayboy.com.
OAK BROOK, Ill., March 3, 2004 -- A Happy Meal(R) favorite is returning to McDonald's(R), sporting two new signature styles: LEGO(R) Sports and CLIKITS(TM). Delivering hours of building, rebuilding and accessorizing fun, seven different fashion-forward LEGO CLIKITS and eight action-packed LEGO Sports figures will debut in Happy Meals at participating McDonald's beginning March 5, 2004, through April 1, 2004. Compatible with the retail versions, each LEGO Sports figure features movable parts while the CLIKITS designer kits "click" stylishly into place.
"McDonald's is thrilled to deliver the hottest trends and hours of playtime fun to our young consumers," said Kent Voetberg, director of family marketing. "Whether our young guests are interested in fashion or action, the latest McDonald's Happy Meal offers a variety of toys to fit their individual playtime choices."
LEGO Sports Figures -- Action-Packed Fun
Moveable features allow each LEGO Sports figure to slide, roll, kick, or throw. From soccer figures that shoot goals to skateboarders that skid across the floor, these surprise-filled LEGO figures let children practice their LEGO Sports skills on their own, or in combination with other LEGO Sports retail offerings. The eight interchangeable Happy Meal LEGO Sports "slammer" and "stick-trick" figures include: two hockey players, each with a puck, movable stick and net to create authentic "shots-on-goal" hockey play the LEGO way; two unique basketball players, each with a basketball; two soccer players, each with a soccer ball and net to create a "kickin'" play experience; and a skateboarder and snowboarder with stick arms to free-play the agile moves, twists and turns of action sports pros.
CLIKITS Fashion Designer Kits
CLIKITS, the hot new creative design line from the LEGO Company, also is a recipient of the prestigious Toy of the Year award presented by the Toy Industry Association. CLIKITS have reinvented the arts and crafts category through the introduction of jewelry, room decor, and lifestyle items that provide endless opportunities to make and remake stylish accessories. Featuring a signature "click" sound when snapped into place, the full-sized CLIKITS fashion accessories available in Happy Meals provide practical creations that make a fashion statement and also can click together with CLIKITS kits available at retail.
The seven different trend-setting room and jewelry accessories include: a tall, colorful picture stand, ready to brighten any dresser or nightstand; a tangerine-colored scrunchie with interchangeable flowers; a brooch with molded and paper heart pendants; an interchangeable heart-lined picture frame; a jewelry box with a mirror and inside storage compartments, ideal for stowing away small treasures; a workable lock made of swivel rings, perfect for secret keeping; a soft, pink mini-bag decorated with a heart-shaped pocket to hold a collection of CLIKITS accessories.
The CLIKITS brand partnered with Limited Too to launch the line in 2003, and the relationship continues, bringing an additional premium to girls through a McDonald's marketing partnership. The McDonald's Mighty Kids Meal(TM) Program offers girls a coupon on the Happy Meal bag for 20 percent off at Limited Too or, with the purchase of a CLIKITS item at Limited Too Stores, save an additional 5 percent, for a total savings of 25 percent on the entire purchase.
The McDonald's LEGO Sports/ CLIKITS Happy Meal event will run from March 5 2004 - April 1, 2004 at participating McDonald's restaurants nationwide, while supplies last. The Happy Meal event will be supported by national television developed by Leo Burnett Co. and Hispanic television advertising by dRM DDB.
McDonald's is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 29,000 restaurants serving nearly 46 million people in 119 countries each day. Approximately 80 percent of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent, local businessmen and women.
The LEGO Company is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities through high quality, playfully educational experiences, and its employees are guided by the motto adopted in the 1930s by founder Ole Kirk Christiansen: "Only the best is good enough." For more information, visit http://www.LEGO.com.
Limited Too is the leading specialty apparel retailer for young girls, ages 7 to 14. The company offers apparel, swimwear, sleepwear, underwear, footwear, lifestyle and personal care products for active, fashion-aware 'tween girls. Limited Too currently operates 553 stores in 46 states and Puerto Rico publishes a catalog coinciding with key 'tween shopping times throughout the year. Limited Too also conducts e-commerce on its web site, http://www.limitedtoo.com. Limited Too is owned and operated by Too, Inc. (NYSE: TOO).
LEGO, CLIKITS and the LEGO logo are registered trademarks of The LEGO
A Happy Meal(R) favorite is returning to McDonald's(R) sporting two new signature styles: LEGO(R) Sports and CLIKITS(TM). Delivering hours of building, rebuilding and accessorizing fun, seven exclusive fashion-forward CLIKITS items and eight action-packed, exclusive LEGO Sports figures will debut in McDonald's Happy Meals beginning March 5, 2004 through April 1, 2004. Compatible with the retail version, each LEGO Sports figure features movable parts while the CLIKITS designer kit premiums "click" stylishly into place.
McDonald's Happy Meal LEGO Sports Figures Feature:
- LEGO Sports Soccer Player #1 -- The white-jersey soccer player kicks a small soccer ball into a cardboard goal with his right leg when slammed on the head.
- LEGO Sports Soccer Player #2 -- The red-jersey soccer player kicks a small soccer ball into a cardboard goal with his left leg when slammed on the head.
- LEGO Sports Hockey Player #1 -- The white-jersey hockey player hits a small puck into a cardboard goal with a right-handed hockey stick when slammed on the head.
- LEGO Sports Hockey Player #2 -- The red-jersey hockey player hits a small puck into a cardboard goal with a left-handed hockey stick when slammed on the head.
- LEGO Sports Basketball Player #1 -- The purple-jersey basketball player shoots a small basketball with his right arm.
- LEGO Sports Basketball Player #2 -- The green-jersey basketball player shoots a small basketball with his right arm.
- LEGO Sports Snowboarder -- The snowboarder figure designed with a "trick stick" arm allows children to mimic snowboarding jumps and slides.
- LEGO Sports Skateboarder -- The skateboarder figure designed with a "trick-stick" arm allows children to mimic jumps and turns of skateboarding pros.
McDonald's Happy Meal CLIKITS Feature:
- CLIKITS Picture Stand -- Four "clickable" plastic pieces with molded hearts create a trendy picture stand, ready to brighten any dresser or nightstand.
- CLIKITS Scrunchie -- A bright, tangerine-colored scrunchie is decorated with interchangeable flowers and a paper leaf. This adorable accessory can be worn as a bracelet or hair-band.
- CLIKITS Brooch -- This unique jewelry is built by clicking different heart pendants and heart-shaped paper onto a pink ribbon. This fanciful accessory can be worn as a brooch, bracelet, or belt decoration.
- CLIKITS Stars Frame -- Four pieces "click" together creating a star-lined picture frame. This Happy Meal fashion kit includes a cartoon picture that can be replaced with a photo of a favorite pet, friend or family member.
- CLIKITS Jewelry Box -- This stylish box comes complete with a mirror and inside compartments, ideal for hiding treasures.
- CLIKITS Combo Lock -- This secret keeping sensation will unlock when fancy swivel rings line up.
- CLIKITS Fabric Bag -- This soft, pink, mini-purse with a heart shaped pocket and handy clip will hold favorite CLIKITS accessories.
McDonald's Happy Meal CLIKITS and LEGO Sports event will run from March 5, 2004 through April 1, 2004, at participating restaurants nationwide, while supplies last. The Happy Meal LEGO Sports figures and CLIKITS fashion accessories interact with the retail LEGO toys.