2010 Corporate Philanthropy Report released; $23.7 million in philanthropic support given to help children in need in 2010
PAWTUCKET, R.I. -- September 2011 -- Today, Hasbro, Inc. released its 2010 Corporate Philanthropy Report, "We Play a Helping Hand," providing an overview of the company's philanthropic support. In 2010, $23.7 million in financial and product support was provided through Hasbro's global philanthropic programs to bring "the sparkle of Hope, the joy of Play and the power of Service" into the lives of the children who need it most.
View and download Hasbro's 2010 Corporate Philanthropy Report
"Giving back and helping children overcome life's challenges are a core part of our culture at Hasbro and has been since our first day of business," said Brian Goldner, president and CEO of Hasbro, Inc. "Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Hasbro's employees worldwide, we are able to support innovative programs and organizations that give us the opportunity to make a difference for millions of children worldwide."
The $23.7 million in overall support includes financial contributions totaling $9.2 million given to non-profit organizations worldwide through grants made by the Hasbro Children's Fund. Toys and games valued at $14.5 million were donated through the Gift of Play donation program. Hasbro employees also gave of their time and talents, volunteering over 10,000 hours as part of the Team Hasbro employee volunteer program. Employees are given four hours of paid time off each month to volunteer with organizations that benefit children.
"Our philanthropic programs are built on Hasbro's deep understanding of children and are designed to have a meaningful impact on the lives of children across the globe," said Karen Davis, vice president of Community Relations, Hasbro, Inc. "While our contributions often focus on creating impact for children in need, Hasbro's founding support of generationOn in 2010 underscores our belief in the power of service. We recognize that empowering kids to make their mark on the world through service impacts the lives of children in all circumstances."
Hasbro's 2010 Corporate Philanthropy Report highlights many programs and organizations supported in the last year, including:
- Strategic Philanthropic Partner Program - highlighting Hasbro's strategic global and national nonprofit partnerships and the innovative programs in place with organizations such as Operation Smile, World Vision and the Hasbro Children's Hospital
- generationOn - a $5 million, multi-year investment from the Hasbro Children's Fund helped to launch generationOn, the youth service division of the Points of Light Institute
- The Power of Service - service and volunteer focused programs including Team Hasbro and Birthday Wishes
- The Sparkle of Hope - programs that provide hope for children in crisis, including pediatric health related programs and Hasbro's disaster relief efforts including the earthquakes that struck Haiti and Chile
- The Joy of Play - programs that bring the joy of play to children who need it most, including the construction of two Boundless Playgrounds and holiday giving through the Gift of Play product donation program
- Global Giving - snapshot of different philanthropic programs managed by our offices across the globe
More information about Hasbro's philanthropic efforts, including its giving guidelines, can be found at: www.hasbro.com.
About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro's multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. Hasbro's philanthropic work strives to bring "the sparkle of Hope, the joy of Play and the power of Service" into the lives of the children who need it most through the Hasbro Children's Fund and other initiatives aimed to help children worldwide. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.