June 2008 - Every other month, Hasbro will answer five questions about their GI Joe products. Here are the questions and answers for this month:
1. Since the overwhelming demand last year, Have the quantities been increased for the SDCC exclusive this year, and will they be available on hasbrotoyshop after the show?
Answer: The Destro figure last year kicked off the 25th anniversary line and we were pleasantly surprised by the demand for both Destro and the line. We have increased quantities on the exclusives and have allotted a number to be sold on HTS for folks who cannot make the convention.
2. Any chance we'll be able to purchase the protective cases on say hasbrotoyshop.com?
Answer: Yes. We just finished our first run and plan on making them available at SDCC and understanding demand for this item.
3. Any chance of GI Joe Mighty Muggs?
Answer: We are evaluating this for 2009, but are not ready to make an announcement on it yet.
4. What's the licensing situation for Cover Girl? Originally she couldn't have a figure because of her codename, and now she's a character in the movie. Will we be seeing a GI Joe figure of her now?
Answer: We are still flushing out the movie line and don't have an answer for this right now. Give us a few months and we can give you a Cover Girl update.
5. Kenner's Star Wars collection was just 200 figures, but the Hasbro Star Wars team is now at 1,000+ figures. Knowing that, wouldn't it make sense for the GI Joe 25th Anniversary collection to continue on beyond the originally planned figures, into a "Legacy Line" or an "Expanded Universe" with waves of 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s Joes?
Answer: Fans of Star Wars have been able to enjoy 1000+ figures based on 6 movies, video games, comic books, and animation. As we head towards our first movie, we are looking forward to expanding the GI Joe brand into other expressions and then bringing those expressions into action figures.