Day One: Monday, April 4
What is CustomCon you ask? CustomCon is a special semi-annual
presentation of new custom toy creations by customizers around the
globe. Six years in the running, it's still going strong. Inspired by
the presentations of new product by legitimate manufacturers at Toy Fair
and other trade shows, CustomCon is a "fake" convention, whereby
customizers present their latest creations and recipes as if unveiling a
new line of real toys to retailers. It's always a lot of fun, for both
the viewers and the participants.
If this is your first exposure to a CustomCon, click here to see what's been offered in the past.
Day Two: Tuesday, April 5
Day Three: Wednesday, April 6
Day Four: Thursday, April 7
Day Five: Friday, April 8
CustomCon 12 will run from April 4 to 8, 2005.
The deadline will be Monday March 7th, 2005.
So how can you participate? Well, the key is to make several custom action figures that would be in the same toy line, and send in photos of them. You could make your own new wave of DC Direct figures (a current series), a new wave of Star Trek figures (a previous series). You can also make a line of Super-Duper Creep Busting figures! (That would be your own unique line.) You could make figures based on characters from Comics, Movies, TV Shows, Books, Sports, Sci-Fi, basically the sky's the limit!
Just make sure each group of figures shares a common theme. You should
come up with a name for your line of figures if it's an original line,
and give some sort of description of the action figure line.
Custom packaging is, of course, an option, but it is certainly not
If possible, we would ask that you photograph the figures so that it
looks like they are on display at a convention. If you have custom
packaging, it's best to have pictures both loose and in the packages.
This year, there's no limit on how few customs you have to submit for a
line. 4 or more would be appreciated, but any number is fine. So, YES if
you only have 1 or 2 good figures, send them in!
Ready to Submit your ENTRY?
Send your submissions to [email protected]. Please e-mail the
- Your first and last name, or just the nickname you go by online. Your
- Your email address.
- Your custom figure website address, if you have one.
- The name of your figure line.
- Any custom logos you wish to use for your toyline. (OPTIONAL)
- E-mail me pictures of your figures. (Preferably JPGs scaled for screen, and ATTACHED to the email, NOT embedded.) Remember to name your image files appropriately. You may know by sight every X-Man ever created, but we might not.
- A description of what they were made from (your toy recipe). Describe what figures you used to make your custom. Please type, or "copy & paste" this into an e-mail.
- A Description of the action figure line (convention write-up report).
- Write up your own "Press release" or "Toy Show Commentary" to describe your toyline. Please type, or "copy & paste" this into an e-mail.
We appreciate you helping to spread the word about CustomCon. Would you like to link to CustomCon 12 on your web site?
Here are two sizes of logos you can use. (For bandwidth reasons, images hosted on our server won't show up on any web site other than RTM. Please "right click" on either image and then choose from the menu to save the image to your hard drive and then upload it to your site's server.)
Take me back to Custom Central!