What is this toy called?

2 replies [Last post]
Joined: 2012-06-13

About 18 years ago I had a 4-wheeled ride-on toy that had handlebars that you moved forward and backwards to create locomotion. Depending on which direction the "cam" was on the rear wheels and whether you pushed or pulled first would decide if you went forward or backwards. Steering was controlled by the feet by simply turning the solid axle.

Anyone know what it's called?


"The ignorance of Mankind is no excuse for that of the Individual." ~Sean Reeves

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Joined: 2012-01-07

Sounds like a "Green Machine." No wait, that had three wheels and was more like 28 years ago. D'oh.

Joined: 2012-01-03

I believe you're referring to an Irish Mail. It's a handcar and a Google image search with those words will give you more images, but here's one on the bottom right of this image:


Mr. Tibbs