June 2, 2012 - We must be bad consumers, as we haven't gotten any fast food since last month's Fast Food Toys Round-Up. Apparently we are pretty good at hoarding, though, as this week the boy and I stumbled across several fast food toys from 2008 when cleaning out our spare bedroom. The more interesting pieces in the stash were a Barrel of Monkeys (with five monkeys and a cardboard barrel) from Wendy's and a Robin from McDonald's, part of the promo for the LEGO: Batman video game.
Enough about the dusty stuff misplaced in our house, let's see what's out there in restaurants this month!
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- Wendy's Kids Meals still show "Leap Frog Leap School" toys, with "Minute to Win It" themed goodies coming soon.
- Burger King still has Monster Jam trucks and Pinkalicious toys.
- McDonald's has Madagascar 3 toys in their Happy Meals, with Zoobles and Pokemon: Black and White as the next promotions.
- Carl's Jr. and Hardee's do not show the current toy promotion (maybe it's a 'clean out the stockroom' month), but the sites do let you know that The Pirates! Band of Misfits toys are slated for July 16th at Hardee's and July 18th at Carl's Jr.
- Subway Kids Meals have reusable lunch sacks. This month the sacks feature Disney/Pixar's Brave.
- Sonic is featuring toys that aim to get your kids to play outside: sidewalk chalk, squirter toys, and so on.
- The Arby's web site again shows "Mr. Men Little Miss" toys, with "Xtreme Arby's" toys coming soon.
- Taco Bell has Atari CD games of several different classic games, and each CD also includes Pong. The 'kids under 3' item appears to be a Wow Wow Wubbzy book.