September 4, 2016 - August brought with it the start of a new school year and a toy recall from McDonald's. They have recalled the Step-It activity bands that they gave out in Happy Meals in August. You can return the bands to McDonald's for a replacement toy and either a yogurt tube or apple slices.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has Talking Tom toys in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is a joint promo of Justice League and DC Superhero Girls. Each will have eight toys, with half being action figures and half being role-play items.
The McDonald's McPlay app has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Wendy's site is showing five different Cartivities: Create on the Go toys and activities in their kids meals. The next promotion shown is "Create a Monsterpiece." The under 3 toy is a book.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows eight different Brain Quest game card decks as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a Peppa Pig board book.
- The Captain D's web site shows Madagascar activities in their kids meals.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it still doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.