August 26, 2015 - We made several trips to McDonald's in July and August, and collected a few Batman and Monster High toys. Neither license interested the boy, and for our last trip, he decided that he would rather get a 20-piece Chicken McNuggets box than a Happy Meal. (He ate a few at the restaurant and brought the rest home for later - it ended up being about three meals in all.) I'm curious to see if this continues when there are toys he likes.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has a joint promotion of Monster High and Batman Unlimited toys in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is a joint promotion of Hello Kitty school supplies and Monster Jam trucks.
The McDonald's McPlay app has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Wendy's site is featuring All Hail King Julien toys in their kids meals. The under 3 toy is a board book.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows five Library Mouse books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a board book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- The Captain D's web site does not show their current promotion in their kids meals.
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.