May 22, 2015 - The boy sweet-talked his grandparents into a few trips to Wendy's and McDonald's recently, and scored a few packs of Smart Links and a Skylanders Snap Shot toy. He is saving the Smart Links for when he finds his other Smart Links from past years, so that he can build larger things with them.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has a joint promo of Littlest Pet Shop and Skylanders in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is a joint promo of NERF and NERF Rebelle.
The McDonald's McPlay app has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Captain D's web site shows The Pirates: Band of Misfits activities in their kids meals.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows animal flip books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a board book.
- The Wendy's site is featuring Smart Links in their kids meals, with Dreamworks Dragons: Race to the Edge coming soon. The under 3 toy is a board book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.