February 20, 2015 - We made one trip to McDonald's last month, hoping to pick up a few of the Sweethearts plush toys, but ended up with a Pete the Cat book instead. The book came with cardboard sunglasses which were quickly lost. The callout on the front of the book leads to a Pete the Cat page on the Harper Collins site - it has an animated version of the book and several activities.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has SpongeBob Movie straw topper toys in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is a joint promo of HotWheels and Barbie.
The McDonald's McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows Kennedy Space Center 3D posters as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a board book of Caillou.
- The Wendy's site is featuring Teen Titans Go in their kids meals, with Annie coming soon.
- Subway Kids Meals have six different Mickey Mouse messenger-style bags. Each bag comes with a small puzzle or washi tape.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- The Captain D's web site does not currently list the toy in their kids meals.
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.