December 19, 2014 - It's been a crazy month, so we made no fast food visits at all this past month. Looking back over the past year, the clear choice for our household's favorite fast food premium was The LEGO Movie cup collection from McDonald's. We ended up with a whole set and a few extras, and the cups have really gotten a lot of use.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has Spy Gear and Flutterbye toys in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown appears to be books, including Pete the Cat. Our boy loves the Spy Gear toys, so I think an eBay purchase is in my near future.
The McDonald's McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows Our Big World board games as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a board book of Caillou.
- The Captain D's web site does not currently list the toy in their kids meals.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Subway Kids Meals have Big Hero 6 bags and trading cards.
- The Wendy's site is featuring Night at the Museum 3 toys, with Smart Links coming soon.
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.