November 15, 2013 - McDonald's had trick-or-treat buckets in October, so the boy informed us that we were going. Period. No discussion allowed. He was happy with the Angry Birds Star Wars bucket he got, but quietly let me know later on that I would need to "go online and order the other two" for him. Another visit to McDonald's after Halloween resulted in a cute little book and a bookmark.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has NFL Rush Zone and Build-A-Bear toys in their Happy Meals. The Build-A-Bear toys include a coupon to Build-A-Bear stores ($10 off $30, and a free mini tee). The next promotion shown is Furby Boom and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Their McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Chick-fil-A site lists five different Cow Card Games as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item is a board book.
- Subway Kids Meals have Phineas and Ferb lunch sacks.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Burger King has The Simpsons toys in their Kids Meals, with Matchbox and Polly Pocket toys coming soon.
- Taco Bell is phasing out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.
- Like Wendy's, Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.