October 18, 2013 - The past month was a huge blur and we did not get to any fast food restaurants to eat or buy toys. This month we definitely need to get to a McDonald's that has the trick-or-treat buckets and to Carl's Jr to check out the Despicable Me 2 toys. We missed the Batman toys at McDonald's, so that might mean another eBay purchase.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month!
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- The Wendy's web site still does not list the toys at all, but I did recently see a television commercial (!!!) promoting their Scared Shrekless Halloween toys. If you are on Facebook, you can see an album of these toys at this link. The toys are: a Shrek/Fiona mask, a Cat Attack Puss in Boots, Donkey Ears, a Donkey Sipper (straw topper), a Haunted Frame, and a Spooky Noises Shrek figure. (More after the jump)
- McDonald's has Trick-or-Treat pails (Monster High and Angry Birds Star Wars) in their Happy Meals, with books shown as the next promotion, coming November 1st. For the next year, there will be digital books available on the web site as well.
- The Chick-fil-A site lists eight different Amazing Animals books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item is a board book.
- Burger King has The Simpsons toys in their Kids Meals, with Matchbox and Polly Pocket toys coming soon.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Subway Kids Meals have Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 lunch sacks.
- Taco Bell is phasing out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.
- Like Wendy's, Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.