July 7, 2012 - Another month of bad consumerism on our part... the boy had fast food just three times since the last Fast Food Toys Round-Up: once at Wendy's for breakfast (so no toy), McDonald's (Gia from Madagascar 3), and another trip to McDonald's when his grandparents took him (a Pokemon something, now lost in his room).
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month!
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- Wendy's Kids Meals have "Minute to Win It" themed goodies, with "Sports Illustrated Kids" coming soon.
- Burger King has outdoor fun-themed toys such as a bug-shaped bug light, a foot sack, a flying ring, and a bugatorium.
- McDonald's has Ice Age toys in their Happy Meals, with SpongeBob SquarePants as the next promotion.
- Carl's Jr. and Hardee's do not show the current toy promotion (maybe it's a 'clean out the stockroom' month), but the sites do let you know that The Pirates! Band of Misfits toys are slated for July 16th at Hardee's and July 18th at Carl's Jr.
- Subway Kids Meals have reusable lunch sacks. This month the sacks feature Disney/Pixar's Brave.
- Sonic has "new old school" toys - updated takes on classic toys like tops and racecars.
- The Arby's web site shows "Xtreme Arby's" toys, with "Re-Arrangers" toys coming soon.
- Taco Bell has two-toned sunglasses. The 'kids under 3' item appears to be a Wow Wow Wubbzy book.