HILLSIDE, NJ – May 30, 2014 - NECA/WizKids is excited to announce a new Dice Masters game set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe.
"We're excited to expand our Dungeons & Dragons portfolio with the addition of Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters. Dice Masters is an all new game that utilizes WizKids Games' proprietary Dice Building Game platform where players collect and assemble their "party" of adventurer dice and battle in head to head gameplay. Dice Masters has had huge initial success, is a very exciting platform and should fit perfectly with the world and lore of Dungeons & Dragons. You can expect to see some of the most recognizable monsters and characters, such as Kobolds, Beholders, Mindflayers, Dragons, Drow, and many more!" said Justin Ziran, president of WizKids Games. "We're excited to work with Mike Elliott and Eric M. Lang, who brought the original Dice Masters game to life, and we are sure they will bring Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters to the table top in unique and immersive ways."
May 2014 - We did a round-up post a few days ago, but three more campaigns of interest have popped up since then:
- LeVar Burton is raising money to expand Reading Rainbow to more platforms and into more schools. This campaign has raised over $2.8 million in just two days!
- Ares Games and the Gremlin Project have a new boardgame Kickstarter for Galaxy Defenders: The Earth Strikes Back. The end result will be two expansion sets - "Operation Strikeback" and "Extinction Protocol."
- Over on IndieGogo, there is a heartbreaking My Little Pony campaign to raise funds for an anti-bullying campaign and to help with a child's ongoing medical expenses. Learn more on the Michael's Pony project page.
May 30, 2014 - (Sponsor Announcement) - Online retailer BigBadToyStore.com has several items of interest to collectors:
BBTS SHARED EXCLUSIVE GI JOE 50TH ANNIVERSARY FIGURES AND VEHICLES
BBTS is proud to list the 50th Anniversary exclusives of the GI Joe line. They include Two-Packs of figures at $16.99 each or $29.99 for the Set of 2, Three-Packs of figures at $22.99 each of $39.99 for the Set of 2, the Danger at the Docks Vehicle and Figure Set at $29.99 and the Battle Below Zero Vehicle and Figure Set at $39.99. Take a look at all of the new offerings at the link for more information. Please note the vehicle listings have pre-sold-out, we are attempting to secure more inventory.
X-MEN LEGENDS PREVIEWS EXCLUSIVE CASE OF 8 WITH BAF JUBILEE
May 30, 2014 - Listed below are the toy (and child-related) recalls from this week; these links go to the official announcements on the Consumer Product Safety Commission web site.
May 27, 2014 - (Sponsor Announcement) - Online retailer BigBadToyStore.com has several items of interest to collectors:
Hi - we wanted to let you know that the GI Joe 50th Anniversary line is now up for preorder as a BBTS Shared Exclusive!
We have the following 50th Anniversary items available to order now, all items will ship out August 13th.
Night Marksmen and Heated Battle Two-Packs: $29.99 for the set or $16.99 each
Outnumbered Three-Packs - Eagle's Edge, and Viper's Pit: $39.99 for the set or $22.99 each
Danger at the Docks Vehicle & Figure Pack - $29.99
Battle Below Zero Vehicle & Figure Pack - $39.99
May 2014 - RTM reader Sumero just posted his Indiegogo campaign over in the classified ad section of the site, and it looks really interesting. The campaign is for Animodula - small geometric shaped toys that can be connected to make animal figures and even wearables like bracelets.
Over on Kickstarter, IAmElemental is raising funds to produce a new line of female action figures. The figures will be four inches tall and have nine points of articulation.
Also on Kickstarter, Tenacious Toys/Bigshot Toyworks has created a line of pony figures ("Four Horsies of the 'Pocalypse") and is raising funds to start the line with Maddie.
May 2014 - The 2014 Comic-Con International convention in San Diego will be July 24-27. Preview Night is July 23rd. So much toy and action figure shopping to do, so many lines to stand in! How do you decide what to buy?
Our pal Matt over at AwesomeToyBlog.com has begun his annual listing of of the toy and action figure exclusives, so be sure to bookmark that link and check back as the convention grows closer.
May 2014 - The Toy Pizza series on YouTube has a new episode up!
Click here to check it out! This episode is all about mechs - Votoms, Acid Rain, and Zoids. (Don't worry, they'll be featuring Gundam in a separate episode.)
May 2014 - DC has three new contests online! Get your mouse hand ready and click over to enter all three.
- The DC Bombshells Giveaway. Enter by June 9th to win a Black Canary DC Bombshells statue.
- The 100,000 Facebook Likes Thank You Sweepstakes. Enter by May 26th to win these goodies:
- One (1) Vertigo Fables Bookends
- One (1) Superman The Man of Steel: Superman by Kenneth Rocafort Statue
- One (1) DC Comics - The New 52 Teen Titans Kid Flash Action Figure
- One (1) DC Comics – The New 52 Teen Titans Wonder Girl Action Figure
- One (1) DC Comics – The New 52 Teen Titans Superboy Action Figure
- One (1) DC Comics – The New 52 Super Heroes vs. Super-Villains Action Figure 7-pack
- One (1) Batman Black and White: Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm
- One (1) Batman: Hush: The Joker, Harley Quinn and Stealth Jumper Batman Action Figure
- One (1) DC Comics Super-Villains The Joker (Patina) Mini Statue
- One (1) SDCC 2013 Convention Exclusive: Batman: Arkham City: Hugo Strange Action Figure
"Ninjago" Coming to Theatres on September 23, 2016
The Ninja-inspired LEGO® minifigures will be featured in an all-new adventure
BURBANK, Calif. -- May 20, 2014 -- Expanding the LEGO® brand's cinema universe, Warner Bros. Pictures has slated the animated 3D action adventure "Ninjago" for release on September 23, 2016, it was announced today by Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President, International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Ninjago" is The LEGO Group's hugely popular ninja-inspired line of building sets and minifigures that have gained their own legion of fans.
The film will be directed by Charlie Bean (TV's "Tron: Uprising"), marking his feature directorial debut. It is being produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Lord and Miller wrote and directed the smash hit "The LEGO Movie," which was produced by Lin and Lee. Jill Wilfert, Seth Grahame-Smith, John Powers Middleton, James Packer and Steve Mnuchin are serving as executive producers. The screenplay is written by Bryan Shukoff and Kevin Chesley.