Click here to download a table showing all known releases of the Tomland toys
- Tomland released Starroid Raiders action figures in 1977 on both blue and black cards
- In 1978, Tomland re-released most of the series with a few new additions, this time with glow-in-the-dark heads and weapons (including a glowing belt), under a new name: Space Raiders
- Interestingly, there are also non glow-in-the-dark belts (see picture provided by Dave Bellmont) - origin unknown - please help if you've seen one carded
- Also in 1978, Tomland released two missile-firing Starroid Space Robots
- In 1979, characters from the previous two lines were released without accessories as Space Fighter, some with new limbs. Since this series did not have characters listed on the card back, we are still unsure which characters were included.
- In 1982, Tomland released similar figures under the name Space People, using some parts from the previous lines, but not assigning names to the characters. Three new characters were included (Ridal, Tago, and Zhor), whose names are taken from similar characters in Tomland's 8-inch Space Fighter line. The Space People have oversized heads - one theory is that perhaps Tomland was considering a different scale, so developed new molds, but then stuck with the little bodies
- These Tomland lines include 19 characters, 33 loose variations (glow, non glow, and updated limbs), and 53 carded variations - definitely a challenge for collectors!
- The Tomland pages would not be at all possible without the help of David Bellmont and Neil Farber. Thanks guys!
(requires Microsoft Word)
- In 1978, Tomland released Star Raiders - a line of 8-inch figures, many of which were similar to the Starroid Raiders, but with different names
- Tomland also released some 2-inch PVC figurines
[3 3/4-inch Archives] [Black Hole] [Buck Rogers] [Tomland]